Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University requires a highly qualified and experienced full-time Assistant, Associate, or Professor in Interactive Educational Technology and Learning Design.
Main roles & responsibilities
- Teach both undergraduate and postgraduate courses using online learning platforms and smart technologies.
- Write, design and develop e-content in the Instructional and Learning Design, Educational Gaming and Simulation, Digital Learning Objects, Interactive Open Educational Resources.
- Supervise, advise and mentor learners in their academic study plan and master and Ph.D. Theses.
- Develop and deliver professional short courses, workshops, and interactive training programs for target groups and professional communities.
- Train and advise teachers, instructional designers, and other target audiences on future digital skills.
- Apply the concept of learning for skills in academic and training programs nationally and regionally.
- Publish research in high quality Scopus indexed journals.
- Write and apply for research grants in smart frontier technologies for rapid innovation in learning and pedagogy projects.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
Required qualification & skills
- Hold a Ph.D. degree from an accredited university relevant to the above discipline;
- Have advanced skills in using online learning technological tools and pedagogies,
- Have more than 5 years of experience teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses, curricula, and programs in instructional and Learning Design, Educational Gaming and Simulation, Digital Learning Objects, Interactive Open Educational Resources;
- Have conceptual, analytical, technical, and operational competence in the field of instructional technology design, development, implementation, and evaluation; Planning and Evaluating Interactive Educational technology programs and curricula;
- Have an established research record;
- Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.