HBMSU is seeking to hire an Instructional Designer (e-Learning Instructional Designer, e-Learning Designer, Online Training Designer, etc.).
Main roles & responsibilities
- Create the most appropriate design and technical specifications documents, learning plans, job aids, work flows, and templates, required for the instructional design process.
- Create storyboards for e-Learning and m-Learning to address different learning styles and different delivery methods.
- Collaborate with a cross-departmental team; Faculty, Subject Matter Experts, graphic designers, animators, and technical engineers; to ensure that the integrity of instructional design is maintained.
- Conduct research to ensure instructional materials are developed to the most current evidence-based practices.
- Monitor current learning events and identify gaps between learning objectives and supporting activities.
- Develop learning events for a wide range of audiences and cultures.
- Facilitate formal and informal workshops/Webinars for large and small groups.
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Create documentation, reporting and records control of achievements on a regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality, observe data protection, and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Designing e-learning content using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Premiere Pro, Vyond, or Articulate Storyline.
- Collaborate with SMEs and other professionals to ensure course development of sophisticated concepts is accurate, concise, and clear.
Required qualification & skills
- Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Technology or a similar relevant field.
- 5 years of work experience in instructional design with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience designing and developing online and blended environment training.
- Bilingual applicants (Arabic & English) languages are preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models, including varied learning styles, assessment methods, etc.
- Lesson and curriculum planning and development skills.
- Clear business writing skills and excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Proficiency with Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, or D2L LMS.
- Familiarity with website design and basic HTML programming knowledge.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills (e.g., Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Video technology and editing skills.
- Self-directed with strong project and time management skills, with ability to deliver with quality in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment.
- Attention to detail, vetting and refining each deliverable to the highest quality.